Introduction to privacy
The mission of BAS Holding is to provide the transport sector with one central contact for transport equipment and all related services. The Global Truck Concept comprises the purchase and sales of new and used road transport, leasing solutions and financial services, but also after-sales services in the broadest and best way possible.
Whilst trying to support our thousands of customers as efficiently as possible we need to collect data. We do this having your privacy as our highest priority, and giving you control over your data, whilst still giving you all the information about our products and services that you are interested in. We believe in the power of internet and e-commerce, and strive to keep the internet as valuable as possible to all users. Therefore we adhere to the following principles to ensure your privacy:
- Control: we give you meaningful choices regarding the data we store, and will support you to alter your preferences at any point in time;
- On demand: we will provide the data we store for you within two business days;
- Security: we will protect your data;
- Meaningful information: we use your data to minimize the amount of irrelevant information you receive.
Throughout this Statement, "BAS Holding" refers to BAS Holding B.V., including its affiliated companies and subsidiaries (also referred to as “BAS”, "we", "us", or "our"). The complete list of all companies under BAS Holding can be found on http://basholding.com/en/about-bas-holding.html. The BAS entity responsible for your personal information (and the controller for the purposes of data protection laws) will be the member of BAS Holding that originally collects information from or about you.
Purpose and Legal basis
BAS processes personal data in a way that guarantees a high level of protection. For each data processing there is a purpose and a legal basis. Because we want to ensure that your data is safe with us, we only retain data that improves your experience with BAS. So we want ensure that you can use our products and services in an optimal way. In the majority of cases, the processing of data will be justified on the following legal bases:
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or to take steps (at your request) to enter into a contract (e.g. where you request us to provide you with a quote for a truck);
- The processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation (e.g. where we are required to collect certain information about our clients for tax or accounting purposes); or;
- The processing is in our legitimate commercial interests, subject to your interests and fundamental rights (e.g. where we use personal information provided to us by our clients to deliver our services, and that processing is not necessary in relation to a contract to which you are a party).
How long we retain your personal information depends on the purpose for which it was obtained and its nature. We will keep your personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes unless a longer retention period is permitted by law. For example we have to retain financial data for 7 years.
We take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access and unwanted changes to your data. In this way we ensure that only necessary persons have access to the data, that access to the data is protected and that our security measures are taken. In addition, all our employees are trained to keep your personal data private and safe.
Disclose personal data
Within BAS Holding
We may share your personal information with other entities within the BAS companies to serve you and give you the best experience with BAS.
We do not rent, sell or otherwise disclose personal information about our online visitors with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing use. We do not share your personal information with third parties except in the circumstance discussed below.
Authorized Service Providers
We may disclose your information to service providers we have retained (as processors) to perform services on our behalf. These service providers are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
Your data protection rights
You have different rights in the protection of data. Firstly you have the right to request access to your personal data. You also have the right to request BAS to rectify or erase your personal data or restrict the processing of the same. You may also object to BAS processing of your personal data or request data portability. However, please note that BAS may not always be obliged to comply with a request of deletion, restriction, objection or data portability. Assessment will be made on a case by case basis of BAS legal obligations and the exception to such rights. If you want to use (one of) the above rights, please contact the DPO.